Instructor (STEM, DANCE, PHYS. ED, MUSIC)
Hours: 2:30pm-6:00p.m. Monday through Friday. Positions available in Sunnyside, Elmhurst, and Woodside Queens, NY
- Deliver activities, including tailoring the curriculum for different levels of instruction and developing lesson plans.
- Supervise a group of children along with the Group Leader and provide for the safety and well-being of participants.
- Provide Homework Help and track completion of participant assignments.
- Tailor the curriculum for each level of instruction to match student needs.
- Develop age-appropriate lesson plans to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Prepare material and examples in advance for student understanding during activities.
- Assist in planning and preparation of special event and projects.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Maintain the cleanliness of program space and ensure program supplies are well organized and in good condition.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- High School diploma, some college of relevant degree preferred
- Teaching experience with a minimum of two years’ experience in an afterschool environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This position begins in September. Afterschool staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
How to apply: E-mail a cover letter and resume to Program Director, Lizzette Mejia LMEJIA@scsny.org or Education Specialist, Karina Robledo KROBLEDO@scsny.org. Please put “Afterschool Instructor” in the subject line. Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
September 19, 2019