Friendly Visitor/Pet Pal Program Assistant
The Friendly Visitor, Pet Pals and Senior Chat Programs provide volunteers to visit or call homebound seniors to decrease isolation, increase socialization, and provide pet support. The Program Assistant provides various administrative and program support services to the Program Coordinator. The Primary responsibilities include data entry into Salesforce, coordination of pet care services, monthly monitoring calls to clients in both Pet Pal and Friendly Visiting programs, outreach, volunteer appreciation events and general office support. The APA may also perform other duties as assigned and flexibility to support program.
Data entry in Salesforce
- Accurately record all quantitative information into Salesforce in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with Data and Evaluation Manager to identify specific alterations to improve the systems proficiency.
- Entering new volunteers and clients into Salesforce
- Assist in receiving, respond to and track hours reported from volunteers
Coordination of Pet Services
- Research, identify and outreach to specific Veterinarian offices and grooming services that will accept Pet Pals clients and payment from SCS and maintain these partnerships.
- Outreach and Coordinate with existing Pet Pal volunteers to take pets to the vet or groomer.
- Coordinate volunteer and pet transportation to and from vet/grooming appointments.
- Expediently submit check request for vet/groomer payment
- Collaborate with Development Department to regularly post volunteer requests and pets for adoption on agency social media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Veterinarian offices, pet stores and pet supply stores.
- Table at various volunteer events to recruit volunteers and provide program information to the community.
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator, help to organize and develop a Spring and Fall volunteer event.
- Attend volunteer recruitment events
- Place supply orders with Facilities department.
- Submit reimbursements for volunteer transportation when needed.
- Conduct reference check phone calls for new volunteers.
- General office support.
- Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two years of administrative/office support experience, preferably in a social services/ non-profit setting.
- Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency; internet search skills, social media, Salesforce experience a plus
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403B pension plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid Holidays
- Five personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community-based.
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn: Emma Finn or mail to 43-31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Friendly Visitor/Pet Pal Program Assistant – Your Name” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
October 7, 2019