Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is seeking an energetic and dynamic candidate for immediate hire. This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services which includes our pre-Kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness and career readiness, and enrichment programming for adults. The UPK teacher must have great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage students and address their individual needs.
- Design and execute a developmentally appropriate and integrated curriculum that provides opportunities for children’s meaningful exploration.
- Plan and establish an environment in which children develop trusting and accepting relationships with adults and peers that foster social and emotional growth and development.
- Assess student progress towards objectives, expectations, and/or goals and provide feedback to students, parents, and administration.
- Monitor students in activity and ensure the environments are safe and promote positive learning. Ensure the classroom meets all health and safety requirements mandated by the Department of Health.
- Attend regular staff meetings/training and contribute to planning toward improving the overall quality of student outcomes, establish objectives and to support overall program improvement.
- Other duties as assigned towards program development
- A Baccalaureate degree or Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field area of study.
- Teaching license or certificate valid for service in the early childhood grades as set forth by the New York State Education Department (NYSED) regulations. This includes: Early Childhood (Birth – Grade 2); (n-6); or (Pre-K-6) certification.
- Prior teaching experience with Pre-K programs. Familiarity with the Pre-K for All curriculum desired.
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403B pension plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid Holidays
- Five personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community-based.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to AJakimiuk-Chu@scsny.org Attn: Anna Jakimiuk-Chu, Early Childhood Director, Indicate “Pre-K Teacher” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
October 9, 2019