Bilingual English/Spanish - Home Care Coordinator
The Bilingual English/Spanish - Home Care Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and monitoring of service delivery and supervision of home care workers to cases provided by certified agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigns workers initially and on-going as-needed basis to clients served under these contracts.
- Contacts clients to determine the quality of services.
- Coordinates care in a team approach with nurses and home care workers.
- Communicates promptly to contract agencies of all service issues/problems in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Maintains record-keeping/documentation in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Inputs daily changes into the computer system. Reconciles discrepancies promptly with the contact source.
- Ensures that workers are evaluated both administratively and professionally as required.
- Participates in employee discipline as appropriate, re-enforcing policies and procedures to workers.
- Assists the Compliance Department with in-service information to workers.
- Assists in the implementation of policies and procedures and ensure compliance to agency standards.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities.
- Rotates on-call responsibilities.
- Assists in payroll procedures and duty sheet research and processing as needed.
- Communicates with client and aide, in accordance with providing safe and adequate service
- Acts as a resource person to the aide for information about agencies policy, procedure, and contract-related information.
- Responsible for documenting and investigating incidents, accidents, and complaints.
- Assists in covering additional caseloads in the absence of team members, when needed.
- Conducts field visits in accordance with contractual guidelines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and a second language (Spanish required)
- -Performs other duties, as assigned.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403B pension plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid Holidays
- Five personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community-based.
How to apply: Send cover letter and resume to MLumbsden@scsny.org. Indicate "Bilingual Home Care Coordinator" in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
October 21, 2019