Director of Facility and Support Services
Overview: Director of Facility and Support Services manages and supervises the day-to-day operations activities of administrative and facility services staff to implement functions and strategies that support overall administrative operations of the organization, specifically, in the areas of customer service, facility and equipment maintenance services, engaging contractors/vendors, purchasing and bill payment processes/procedures, coordinating insurance certificates/policy renewals, and managing event space rentals to the public.
Director of Facility and Support Services
Job Classification: Exempt / Full-Time
Reports to: Associate Executive Director of Operations
Sunnyside Home Care offers compassionate care to more than 1,500 home-bound New Yorkers. Our skilled home health aides provide crucial support to help individuals remain safely in their homes and communities. Our administrative staff serves as the link between clients, their caregivers, and the professional aides in the home ensuring seamless coverage.
Director of Facility and Support Services manages and supervises the day-to-day operations activities of administrative and facility services staff to implement functions and strategies that support overall administrative operations of the organization, specifically, in the areas of customer service, facility and equipment maintenance services, engaging contractors/vendors, purchasing and bill payment processes/procedures, coordinating insurance certificates/policy renewals, and managing event space rentals to the public.
The Director of Facility and Support Services is responsible for reviewing and implementing operational procedures, leading process improvement efforts, collaborating with other managers/directors to assess and improve, purchase and workflow processes, and make necessary changes to ensure efficient and effective delivery of facility management and support services. Provides regular written reports to Associate Executive Director of Operations regarding support, maintenance and security services. Maintains internal and external customer relationships.
- Supervises Support Services Manager, Facility Manager, and Rental Services Assistant, and conducts performance reviews, establishes and achieves department/service goals in consultation with Associate Executive Director, Operations.
- Oversee and ensure high-quality administrative operations teams that incorporate SCS’s mission, vision, core values, and excellent customer service, to ensure continuous high quality and performance.
- Responsible for implementation of centralized administrative services, including, but not limited to, agency-wide policies and procedures for support, facility and insurance operations. In consultation with the AED Operations, coordination, collection, and preparation of insurance documents for renewal, certificates, lawsuits and other organizational documents for submission or filing to government agencies, vendors, brokers and/or legal counsel. Provides support in all functions as needed.
- Leads and coordinates with the Facility Manager, and building ownership, timely repairs and facility improvement projects; monitors timeframes and completion of scheduled work. Coordinates, inspects, and responds with the Facility Manager to facility issues and/or emergency repairs. Provides regular status and progress reports to the AED of Operations to identify problems and corrective action steps as needed.
- Develops partner/collaborative relationships with department directors, vendors, and other stakeholders, to identify and address existing or potential service delivery issues.
- Negotiates and manages service contracts with all vendors of Support and Facilities Services; ensures the integrity of vendor bidding process in compliance with City/State/Federal regulatory requirements in accordance with best-qualified bid criteria, and that contracts are current.
- Leads and schedules quarterly meetings with directors (program, administrative, etc.….) to ensure smooth implementation of related operating policies and procedures. Initiates new projects to enhance current processes. Leads and schedules quarterly meetings with directors (programs, fiscal, etc.…) to ensure to identify issues, repairs or adjustments that need to be implemented.
- Manages agency-wide purchasing policy, fulfilling MWBE/SDVOB selection compliance in coordination with Contract/Compliance Manager, and manages vendor accounts. Oversees agency credit card accounts, supports purchasing function as needed.
- Implements space rental marketing and business plan, and event management software (MIDAS), including rentals and marketing to the public, including preparation, set-up, generating invoices for payment and fee collection. Supervises Rental Services Assistant to implement event management checklist and event coverage.
- Assesses and manages space allocation to meet program needs and schedules the use of facility space for events, meetings, and training.
- Participates in establishing strategic and operational goals and objectives and analyzes results to ensure that standards are met and maintained. Formulates, recommends and implements process improvements and revisions to policies and procedures to enhance administrative operations.
- Conducts quarterly reviews of customer service issues and evaluates staff performance with Support Services Manager to ensure guests and visitors receive high-quality customer service.
- Manages a centralized telephone system, including maintaining and updating public voicemail greeting and technical equipment. Liaisons with telecommunication vendors and coordinates telecommunication projects as necessary.
- Works with Facility Manager to implement and update the Fire Safety and Evacuation Plan.
- Assist the AED of Operations in presentations at scheduled Board of Directors meetings, internal meetings. Represents and attends external meetings and training related to job roles, e.g. UNH facility management, customer service, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three-five years of administrative and facility operations management experience, including facility management, and customer service functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent and five years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint software
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement organization-wide service systems.
- In-depth knowledge of the city and/or state contracting procedures and building regulations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403B pension plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and pre-tax transit card benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid Holidays
- Five personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with the subject line: Director of Facility and Support Services to: Mvitale@scsny.org, Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
January 30, 2020