Case Manager - Bilingual Spanish/English
Overview: Helps impaired elderly people to maintain independent life safely in the community by linking them to the community resources/home services and assisting/advocating to obtain benefits and entitlements. Works with clients and their families to formulate appropriate care plans maintaining contact by phone and conducting home visits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Case Manager may also perform other duties as assigned
- Screens all requests for services, determining clients’ eligibility, and providing information and referral.
- Conducts home assessments to determine: living conditions; functional limitations; need for home care, medical care, socialization, counseling; financial status as relates to eligibility for entitlements/benefits; plan of care/agreement for home services.
- Maintains contact with clients, caregivers, and families, staying abreast of any changes in clients’ status or need for further immediate intervention.
- Advocates for clients regarding benefits/entitlements/medical care.
- Refers clients to emergency community services such as mental health (Mobile Crisis) and/or Adult Protective Services when necessary.
- Develops and maintains contact with community/government agencies.
- Maintains statistics, including written records of contacts with clients.
- Participates in educational trainings and conferences.
- Conducts intakes by phone or in-person on a weekly basis.
- Maintains client and agency confidentiality
- Bending, sitting, stooping, and standing, walking up and down stairs.
- Office setting. Field visits with potential exposure to client illnesses.
- MSW/BSW and two years of supervised experience in Human Services Field.
- Drivers preferred
How to apply: How to apply: Send a cover letter and resume to JBoden@scsny.org. Indicate "Case Manager"- Your Name" in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
March 9, 2020