Overview: Responsible for all aspects of tracking and processing authorizations for home care services and other clerical duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives referrals for new clients and checks authorizations on E-paces system (Medicaid Eligibility).
- Tracks/ follow-up on authorizations on all Managed Care clients.
- Ensures all M11 Q’s are current for all managed care client (MCO).
- Contacts clients and assist them with recertification of M11Qs.
- Communicates with the doctors regarding expiring M11Qs for clients.
- Works with Coordinators to address any requests or concerns regarding client’s authorizations
- Will provide support to the Intake department, as needed.
- May assist with random phone calls and home-visits to verify the attendance of field workers.
- Provide back-up to the Assistant Coordinator/Float Coordinator.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer/word-processing skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Insurance or home care experience preferred
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate keyboard for input purposes.
- Office setting. May be required to work after hours, weekends and holidays as needed to meet deadlines, and/or agency needs.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Myrna Lumbsden at MLumbsden@scsny.org
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
March 9, 2020