Bilingual (Spanish / English) Caregiver Coordinator
Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Queens (a 10-minute subway ride from Grand Central) is seeking to staff an exciting program, CARE Latino, providing support to Latino caregivers caring for an individual living with Alzheimer’s disease and/or other dementia. The Caregiver Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to conduct virtual outreach, client assessments, develop care plans, provide referrals and make connections to partners. S/he will also be responsible to design and implement a series of virtual educational workshops and trainings and keep and input data for tracking and reporting functions. The Caregiver Coordinator will also support the Assistant Division Director for Senior Services with coordinating virtual wellness and joint enrichment events for caregivers and care receivers.
The Caregiver Coordinator will have experience in developing and overseeing the execution of care plans, assessments and referrals that support the caregiver. S/he will be bilingual Spanish/English and have a minimum of 5-years case management experience or 1-year caregiver/Alzheimer’s or Dementia experience and a minimum of 1-year outreach / training experience. S/he will also have a working knowledge of Salesforce and a high level of comfort using technology.
The Caregiver Coordinator reports to the Assistant Division Director for Senior Services.
- Develop a virtual outreach plan to promote CARE Latino and its services
- Develop and implement virtual education/training
- Provide ongoing virtual education and support around Alzheimer’s disease or related Dementias including long-term care planning, caregiver skills and self-care
- Conduct intake, assessments and appropriate follow up and advocacy to ensure coordination of services
- Research new resources to support caregivers
- Provide case consultation to caregivers including ongoing counseling, I&R, and care plan development
- Responsible for submitting required reports in a timely manner
- Maintain strict confidentiality for both caregiver and personnel files and information
- Ensure that case records are current and that case notes are recorded in a timely manner
- A BSW or a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- A minimum of 5-years case management or 1-year caregiver/Alzheimer’s or Dementia experience
- A minimum of 1-year outreach/training experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Computer literacy (PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Word)
- A high level of comfort using technology (Zoom, social media)
Salary range would start at $40,000
Sunnyside Community Services
June 2, 2020