Perform tasks and functions to ensure the facility, program, and office spaces are clean and disinfected, exterior facility grounds are clear of hazards and debris and minor patch and paint repairs are completed. Understand and adhere to facility maintenance policies, procedures, and goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Ensure all common and contact points (stairwells, windows, glass partitions, countertops, door knobs, workstations, elevator buttons, tables, chairs, and other assigned areas, offices, classrooms, etc…), are cleaned and disinfected per Centers for Disease Control, and New York State sanitizing requirements (training provided by supervisor).
- Ensure the front of the building is clean and free of obstacles that may cause a safety hazard; this includes snow removal during winter months.
- Clean, mop, and replenish supplies in bathrooms.
- Gather, condense, breakdown, and properly dispose of trash and recycled items for nightly removal.
- Dust, polish and wipe furniture.
- Vacuum carpets and rugs when applicable.
- Clean and set up center/classrooms (tables and seating) for scheduled programs, meetings, etc., as instructed by supervisor.
- Check emergency exit signs, alarms, and replace light bulbs as needed.
- Perform minor repairs (define ‘minor repairs).
- Inform supervisor of any needed repairs and/or safety related issues such as cracks, damaged floors and ceiling tiles.
- Seal, wax, and polish floors using heavy industrial powered buffers.
- Perform seasonal tasks such as snow removal and painting when needed.
- Participate in Fire, Safety, and Evacuation exercises.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to organization core values, mission and goals.
- 1-year minimum experience as custodian or building maintenance or related experience.
- Must be dependable, reliable and punctual.
- Well organized, patient, and able to cope with pressure.
- Perform daily assignments timely and effectively.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, follow direction, and be detailed oriented.
- Knowledge of light plumbing is a plus.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb ladders, stairs, pull, push, or lift moderate sized objects (up to 25 lbs.).
How To Apply:
Please forward resume and cover letter to Mariana Nieto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
September 16, 2020