Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
The Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor is responsible for administering the Home Health Aide curriculum using various teaching methods in accordance with the New York State Department of Health regulations and teaching guidelines. This position resides within Sunnyside Home Care Project, Inc. Home Health Aide Training Program and is a full-time position for a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Registered Nurse Instructor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides instruction for HHA training, in-service and competency.
- Maintains departmental goals and standards of operation.
- Interacts with the Nurse Manager to assess department needs and provides feedback on issues which emerge during the training.
- Completes Supervised Practical Training (SPT) visits as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Must work well with people.
- Ability to understand and relate with diverse individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adapt to the changing needs of program participants.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Sufficient visual and auditory acuity to comprehend communications and assess students' needs.
- Registered professional nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
- Two years home care experience working for a Licensed Home Care Services Agency.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or a health or human services field is desirable.
- Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively in English and Spanish (must be able to provide official documentation as to the level of proficiency).
- The position may involve prolonged standing, walking, lifting supplies, stooping, and bending.
- When conducting SPTs, may encounter prolonged walking and/or stair climbing.
- Office setting may include out-of-office meetings/trainings.
- Evening and weekend work required as scheduled.
How To Appy
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure a prompt review, please put "Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor (Bilingual - English/Spanish) as your email subject.
About Sunnyside Community Services:
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
September 23, 2020