After-School Program Director, Youth and Family Services
The Program Director will be responsible for creating dynamic after-school, evening, and weekend programs utilizing youth development best practices and principles in conducting academic enrichment, project-based learning, leadership, arts and physical education activities. Experience with DYCD (Beacon) contracts and State after-school programming desired.
This full-time position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming. The campus is supported by a combination of city and state funding.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and support after-school, evening, and weekend program.
- Supervise a team of an Assistant Director/Education Specialist, Program Coordinator, Instructors and Group Leaders.
- Organize program logistics, such as schedules, space reservations, resources needed, etc.
- Collect and organize data in Salesforce and other funder-related databases in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Department of Health and Office of Children and Family regulations are adhered to and prepare for program audits by funders and other evaluators.
- Meet all contractual obligation such as meeting enrollment, rate of participation, and timely reporting.
- Work closely with families, parents, and guardians to ensure the needs of students are met.
- Create a strong sense of community which values respect, acceptance, and high expectations.
- Other job-related tasks and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred) in relevant field, or Associate's degree with a at least 18 approved coursework credits in child development, education or related field.
- At least two years experience working with children in an after-school environment with at least one-year experience in a supervisory role. Experience supervising K-12 programming desired.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish speaking) a plus.
How To Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sheena Sukhraj, Assistant Executive Director of Youth and Family Services, at SSukhraj@scsny.org. Indicate "After-School Program Director" in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services:
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
September 28, 2020