After-School Group Leader – Part Time
The Ater-School Group Leader will be responsible for the overall care and safety of a group of children, and will conduct age-appropriate activities alongside the group's instructors. The After-School Group Leader reports directly to the Program Director.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, enrichment programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Submit age-appropriate lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Assist Instructors in the implementation of lesson and activities.
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children.
- Maintain room and activity areas, ensuring they are cleaned and organized.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Assist with Homework Help and track completion of participant assignments.
- Maintain the cleanliness of program space and ensure program supplies are well organized and in good condition.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Conduct online sessions via video conference.
- Connect with students via digital platforms on time.
- Provide video conference support.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- High school diploma required; some college or relevant degree preferred.
- Experience working with children; experience working in an afterschool environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- This position begins ASAP. After-school staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
Compensation: Starts at $15.00/hour.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 2 – 6 pm
Location: P.S. 343 in Sunnyside, Queens.
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Melissa Moscoso, Program Support Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “After-School Group Leader - Part Time” in the subject of the email.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
October 5, 2020