After-School Instructor – Part-Time
Reporting directly to the Program Director and Assistant Director, the After-School Instructor is primarily responsible for delivering activities, including tailoring the curriculum for different levels of instruction and developing lesson plans. The After-School Instructor will teach students in grades K – 5.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, enrichment programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Supervise a group of K-5th grade children along with the Group Leader and provide for the safety and well-being of participants.
- Develop age appropriate lesson plans to be submitted in a timely manner.
- Assist with Homework Help and track completion of participant assignments.
- Tailor the curriculum for each level of instruction to match student needs.
- Prepare material and examples in advance for student understanding during activities.
- Assist with planning and preparation of special event and projects.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Maintain the cleanliness of program space and ensure program supplies are well organized and in good condition.
- Conduct online sessions via video conference.
- Connect with students via digital platforms on time.
- Provide video conference support.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- High school diploma; some college coursework of relevant degree preferred.
- Teaching experience with a minimum of two years experience in an after-school environment.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- This position begins immediately. After-school staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 2 – 6 pm
Location: P.S. 343 in Sunnyside, Queens
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Melissa Moscoso, Program Support Coordinator, at email@example.com. Please put “After-School Instructor” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
October 5, 2020