Outreach Coordinator – Part-Time
Sunnyside Community Services’ Beacon P. S. 343 is seeking an Outreach Coordinator. P. S. 343 is a core program within our After-School Service continuum that provides supportive services to individuals from Kindergarten to adulthood throughout the Sunnyside community.
Make your impact on the community by helping us change lives. If you are looking to lend your skills, voice, and experience to making change, Beacon P. S. 343 provides support to hundreds of families throughout the Sunnyside community. The Outreach Coordinator will identify community groups, professionals and agencies throughout the City and disseminate information about our innovative program. The Outreach Coordinator will report directly to the Leadership Team, which is comprised of the Program Director, Assistant Program Director and Program Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strategize an outreach plan to promote Beacon P.S. 343 and its services.
- Build relationships and visit locations, including community-based organizations, places of worship, hospitals, health care offices, doctors’ offices, community boards, and other community locations .
- Explore partnerships and identify cross-promotion opportunities with Care NYC.
- Identify appropriate venues for presentations, evening, and weekend programming.
- Tailor presentations to the targeted audience to provide resources.
- Coordinate with fellow staff to target appropriate community organizations.
- Track and document all contacts.
- Research and follow up on events throughout the city, i.e., health fairs, resource fairs, conferences, and seminars where Care NYC staff can table and conduct outreach.
- Create and maintain an Outreach Directory.
- Assist in the design of an Outreach Package.
- Prepare flyers, newsletters, bulletin boards, and other promotional and informational materials.
- Strategize efforts and assist with campaigns to conduct outreach via social media outlets and remote/virtual programs.
- Ability to travel throughout the five boroughs and surrounding areas as necessary.
- Assist in aiding the parents and families of our communities by providing programming in both English and Spanish.
- Create a positive and welcoming experience for all ages, grades, and communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in an office setting.
- High School diploma a must; some college credits or relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, volunteers, and other community/government agencies.
- At least two years of marketing in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to organize, manage and evaluate multiple activities and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, and cultures.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation required.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Salesforce experience is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Salary: Starting at $18.00/hr.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 12 pm – 4 pm; Saturday, 10 am – 3 pm
Location: Positions available in Sunnyside PS 343.
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to DLubin@scsny.org. Indicate “Outreach Coordinator – Your Name” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
October 21, 2020