Senior Budget Analyst
Sunnyside Community Services is looking for a well-organized professional with strong analytical skills. The Senior Budget Analyst will manage the budget portfolio from various government sources, develop and present complex analysis, assist with audits, prepare cost reports for governmental contracts, and ensure expenses are allowable within funding guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage budget portfolio from various government sources such as DYCD, DFTA, HESC, SED and 21st Century funding.
- Develop and present complex analysis, working collaboratively with colleagues and senior leadership.
- Assist with program and agency-wide audits. Working closely with department directors and Corporate Controller.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual cost reports for various governmental contracts, including initial budget imports into accounting software, produce budget modifications and target areas to enhance cost allocation methodologies.
- Maintain, control, analyze and prepare invoice vouchers and reports on the organization's restricted grants and contracts from State, City, and private sources.
- Review grants, contract invoices and payroll allocations to ensure expenses are allowable within funding guidelines.
- On a monthly basis, generates internal reports of budget to actual for project management. Reconciles claims to the books to ensure that they are in mutual agreement. Prepares grant or contract budget modifications as necessary.
- Recommend enhancements to planning and resource allocation processes to support values of transparency and accountability.
- Stay informed of individual agency regulations and policies, changes. Develops relationship with funding agencies and follows up on discrepancies and procedures.
- Work with government agencies to research & resolve contract budget related questions and concerns.
- Look over pre-existing and past budgets to identify weaknesses.
- Monitor and calculate accurate Accounts Receivable and work with government agencies to clear delayed payments.
- Assist on monthly ending journal entries. Maintains liaison with agency and contract auditors and assist on resolving audit issues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related field, and three-year experience in nonprofit budgeting, budget analysis and contract claim preparation.
- Experience in City and State funding fiscal requirements and well-rounded on DYCD, DFTA, HESC, SED and 21st Century funding.
- Must be well organized, have strong analytical skills, possess the ability to work independent and as a team and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have high level of attention to detail and accuracy, but able to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Fund-EZ accounting software would be a plus.
- Must be responsive, possess effective people skills and possess the ability to work with employees at all levels.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Benjamin Campollo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate “Senior Budget Analyst” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
January 6, 2021