Site Safety Monitor – Part Time
Sunnyside Community Services’ Beacon P. S. 343 is seeking a Site and Safety Monitor. P. S. 343 is a core program within our After-School Service continuum that provides supportive services to individuals from Kindergarten to Adult hood throughout the Sunnyside community.
Make your impact on the community by helping us keep safe during COVID-19. If you are looking to lend your skills, voice, and experience to making change, Beacon P. S. 343 provides support to hundreds of families throughout the Sunnyside community. The Site and Safety Monitor will be in charge of regulating COVID-19 guidelines and practices for the Beacon P.S. 343 site for staff, participants, guests and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strategize a COVID-19 Safety plan for Beacon P.S. 343 site.
- Build relationships with the P.S. 343’s administrative staff to help keep the building and programming in compliance.
- Regulate the preliminary health screenings including attestation forms and touchless temperature checks.
- Coordinate with the Leadership team and other staff to exhibit best practices during program hours.
- Track and document all health screenings, possible COVID-19 cases and close contacts.
- Keep up to date on all new policies and procedures regarding COVID-19, including all new trainings with DOHMH, DOE, and DYCD.
- Coordinate isolation room protocols for staff and participants.
- Fill in for absent program staff both virtually and in person as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in an office setting,
- High school diploma required; college credits preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, volunteers, and other community/government agencies.
- Experience in a health setting a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to organize, manage and evaluate multiple activities and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, participants and visitors with diverse opinions, values, and cultures.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation required.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
Compensation: Starting at $17.00/hr.
Hours: 1 – 6 pm or 5 – 10 pm Monday through Friday, and 9 am – 2 pm on alternating Sundays.
Location: Positions Available in Sunnyside PS 343
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Donald Lubin, DLubin@scsny.org indicate “Site Safety Monitor – Your Name” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
November 5, 2020