After-School Junior Group Leader – Part Time
Sunnyside Community Services’ Beacon P. S. 343 is seeking a Junior Group Leader. The Junior Group Leader will assist Group Leaders and Instructors in the classroom, three days a week, while learning what it means to be a youth worker. Junior Group Leaders will report to the Leadership Team, comprised of the Program Director, Assistant Program Director, and Program Coordinator.
P. S. 343 is a core program within our After-School Service continuum that provides supportive services to individuals from kindergarten to adulthood throughout the Sunnyside community. Make your impact on the community by helping us continue to bring dynamic program to our loyal families. If you are looking to lend your skills, voice, and experience to making change, Beacon P. S. 343 provides support to hundreds of families throughout the Sunnyside community.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Assist instructors in the implementation of lesson and activities.
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children.
- Maintain room and activity areas to ensure that they are cleaned and organized.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Assist with Homework Help and track completion of participant assignments.
- Maintain the cleanliness of program space and ensure program supplies are well organized and in good condition.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Must be 16 years old or older.
- High school diploma preferred, some college or relevant degree a plus.
- Experience working with children, experience working in an afterschool environment a plus.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
This position begins ASAP. After-school staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in-person, three days a week for three hours a day.
Compensation: Starting at $15.00/hr.
Hours: 2 – 5 pm, Monday through Friday (three days a week)
Location: Positions Available in Sunnyside PS 343.
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume to Donald Lubin, DLubin@scsny.org. Please indicate “Junior Group Leader – Your Name” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
November 9, 2020