Customer Care Assistant (Temporary)
The Customer Care Assistant will work in the first floor lobby and greet clients, employees, guests, and vendors with enthusiasm and friendly customer service. It is imperative that the Customer Care Assistant project a pleasant and personable demeanor, and maintain a working knowledge of the organization's programs and services to refer customers to the appropriate staff or department contact. The Customer Care Assistant will sort and pack supplies, maintain inventory of materials, and enter daily distribution counts onto supply materials records and/or database.
The Customer Care Assistant will ensure that a consistent supply of personal protective equipment is prepared and readily available to employees and guests at all times. The Customer Care Assistant will assist customers and take all steps needed to resolve the customers’ questions and/or refer customers to the Support Services Manager as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be familiar with and adhere to social distancing rules in the lobby and workplace.
- Maintain and monitor customer/guest sign-in sheets.
- Welcome customers and guests in a friendly, professional, and hospitable manner.
- Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to appropriate customers (employees, home care workers, visitors).
- Respond to customer questions and provide the appropriate staff contact information.
- Monitor and maintain employee scan-in and sign-in data.
- Maintain important information regarding agency changes in an organized display.
- Assist in preparation of personal protective equipment (PPE) packets.
- Process paperwork related to supply requests (purchase requisitions, orders, check requests).
- Assist with PPE packet set-ups for mailing.
- Stamp and mail outgoing PPE to clients and/or employees (deliver to local post office as needed).
- Locate stock and deliver requested items to programs/staff.
- Accept deliveries of PPE packages; sort and keep inventory.
- Provide lunch coverage.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college a plus.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Two years of customer service experience.
- Administrative and supply equipment experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and using laptops/computers.
How To Apply
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Yasmin Quinones at Yquinones@scsny.org. Please note “Customer Care Assistant (Temporary)” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
May 19, 2021