Bilingual Spanish/English - Case Manager
The Case Manager helps impaired elderly people maintain independent life safely in the community by linking them to the community resources and home services, and assisting them with obtaining benefits and entitlements. He/She Works with clients and their families to formulate appropriate care plans, maintaining contact by phone and conducting home visits.
- Screens all requests for services, determining clients’ eligibility, and, providing information and referrals.
- Conducts home assessments to determine: living conditions; functional limitations; need for home care, medical care, socialization, counseling; financial status as relates to eligibility for entitlements/benefits; plan of care/agreement for home services.
- Maintains contact with clients, caregivers, and families, staying abreast of any changes in clients’ status or need for further immediate intervention.
- Advocates for clients regarding benefits, entitlements, and medical care.
- Refers clients to emergency community services such as mental health (Mobile Crisis) and/or Adult Protective Services when necessary.
- Develops and maintains contact with community/government agencies.
- Maintains statistics, including written records of contacts with clients.
- Participates in educational trainings and conferences.
- Conducts intakes by phone or in person on a weekly basis.
- Maintains client and agency confidentiality
- The Case Manager may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Office setting.
- Field visits with potential exposure to client illnesses.
- Bending, sitting, stooping and standing, walking up and down stairs.
- Master's or bachelor's degree in social work.
- At least two years supervised experience in human services.
- Driver's license/car helpful.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to JBoden@scsny.org. Indicate "Bilingual Case Manager – Your Name" in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
May 24, 2021