College Readiness Coordinator
The College Readiness Coordinator will work as part of our Youth Futures programming team, providing services to high school and young adult participants. The College Readiness Coordinator will develop, implement, and lead programming that offers students support to get into college. This position will be responsible for coordinating program activities and providing comprehensive college-readiness support to students and families among our various campuses. The College Readiness Coordinator will report to the Deputy Director of High School Programming.
- Work with high school students in grades 9 – 12 on college preparedness.
- Develop and facilitate workshops and activities to prepare participants for college.
- Partner with school leadership and school college counselors to identify programming needs and offer support and leadership as needed with school initiatives.
- Hire, train and supervise a team of College Readiness Advisors and Instructors who will assist in program implementation.
- Lead college programming development and implementation at various campuses that meet contractual expectations.
- Coordinate with program directors to provide differentiated college prep support to participants and develop a program calendar.
- Assist with the college application process for college-bound participants.
- Lead workshops, events, and trips that will support, inspire, and inform participants about the skills needed to pursue higher education and other opportunities.
- Connect participants with relevant resources and activities important for postsecondary success.
- Lead financial aid and FAFSA workshops, and assist students and parents with navigating the financial aid/FAFSA process.
- Develop interactive lessons that will assist youth to develop academic techniques: goal setting, study skills, organizational skills, and time management, among others.
- Conduct outreach to program participants and their families via telephone and e-mail regarding college preparedness and program attendance.
- Provide workshops, instruction, and classes online by virtual platforms, as well as in person as needed.
- Track participant performance measures, ensure data is entered in databases in a timely manner, and prepare programming updates and reports as needed.
- Attend all relevant meetings, trainings, workshops and outside events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; master’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with high school students or academic programs.
- Experience working closely with and overseeing staff.
- Experience working in college readiness programming preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be proactive and to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to be meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- High motivation and willingness to work as part of a team to promote successful outcomes for youth.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and team-building skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred) strongly desired.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with youth.
- Ability to maintain a welcoming and effective environment for all participants.
- Excellent punctuality, attendance, and reliability.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.), Google Suite/Office 365, and online platforms such as Google Classroom and Zoom.
Monday – Friday, 35 hours per week
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to Melissa Moscoso, Program Support Coordinator, at MMoscoso@scsny.org.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
July 28, 2021