Medical Records Coordinator
The Medical Records Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance of all clinical client records for two home care programs. They work closely with the Director of Patient Services and Clinical Care Manager in maintaining compliance of the clinical records and ensuring client confidentiality of all clinical records in accordance with all state, federal and local requirements.
- In coordination with the Clinical Care Manager, ensure the submission and tracking of doctor’s orders per DOH regulations and agency policies.
- Guarantee the timely receipt of doctor’s orders within appropriate timeframes set by the Department of Health and the agency’s policy.
- Ensure the communication of client's attending physician's orders to the Field Nurse Supervisor or designee.
- Track all nursing visits as directed by the Clinical Care Manager.
- Verify doctor’s license and other pertinent information and records.
- Assist with data entry of client information in agency ProHealth/HCPlus system.
- Assist with compiling agency’s client admission and revisit packets.
- Responsible for the filing of documents in the client’s clinical record in an orderly manner, and the maintenance of the overall integrity of the clinical records.
- Develop and implement tracking systems to ensure the safety and security of all client records.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the clinical records, in accordance with the program requirements, policies and procedures established at the direction of the Director of Patient Services.
- Pulls charts as needed for special audits and peer review.
- Responsible for reconciling and closing out discharge charts.
- Mail out requests for clinical records when presented with a properly completed medical release. Makes copies of records in response to incoming medical releases.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Specialized Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of computers and basic office software programs.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and be detailed oriented.
- Perform daily assignments in a timely and effective manner and follow supervisory instructions.
- Must be dependable, reliable, punctual, well organized, patient, and able to cope with pressure.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Medical records experience preferred.
- High school diploma; Associate's degree preferred.
- Two (2) years administrative/office experience.
- Types 40–50 words per minute.
Bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
How to Apply
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Medical Records Coordinator” in the subject line.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
July 28, 2021