After-School Group Leader – P.S. 343Q (Part-Time)
Reporting directly to the Campus Director and Assistant Director, the After-School Group Leader is primarily responsible for the overall supervision and wellbeing of after-school program participants, academic assistance and program support, and helping to foster social emotional learning in the classroom. This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants, including daily attendance tracking.
- Maintain all Covid-19 protocols and practices including social distancing, frequent sanitation, handwashing, and mask wearing.
- Assist Instructors and subcontractors in the implementation of lessons and activities.
- Provide program support during high-risk times like arrival, snack time, and dismissal.
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of school-age children.
- Provide academic assistance in the form of homework help.
- Supervise bathroom breaks, nurse visits, and provid minor first aid as needed.
- Ensure that room and activity areas are cleaned and organized, in addition to the program space and program supplies. Maintain cleaning logs and sign-in/out sheets for program supplies.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and training courses.
- Work with assigned team members to collectively create a safe learning space for all assigned participants.
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Document all medical and behaviorial incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 18 years old or older, or will graduate high school by September 1, 2022.
- Ability to work both independently and as team player.
- Experience working with children in an after-school or summer camp setting preferred.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- Ability to work in person – remote options are not available.
Schedule: Up to 22 hours per week. This is a seasonal position, dependent on funding. All hires are expected to fulfill their seasonal obligations.
Location: Sunnyside Beacon at PS 343Q, The Children’s Lab School, in Sunnyside, Queens
How to Apply: E-mail a cover letter and resume to Ralitsa Vos at RSullivan@scsny.org. Please indicate “Your Name – Group Leader” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination or submit to weekly Covid-19 PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) testing as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
August 3, 2022