Division Director of Youth and Family Services
Sunnyside Community Services, an innovative community-based, social service organization in Queens (10 minutes by subway from Grand Central), is seeking an exceptional leader with strong youth development and program management background for the role of Division Director of Youth and Family Services. They will support the programmatic and administrative goals of the Youth and Family Services Division.
The ideal candidate is a leader and manager well-versed in the principals of youth development and current trends in the field. They will be looked to for leadership around the development of programs, curriculum, and staff. They will manage complex budgets; advanced Excel skills are required.
The Division Director of Youth and Family Services will supervise a team of five staff members, who in turn supervise or support 130+ staff and over $5 million in youth programming across eight campuses. Approximately 2,500 students participate in our pre-kindergarten, elementary after-school and summer camp programs, middle school after-school programs (SONYC), Beacon Community Centers, a Cornerstone program in public housing, and jobs and college readiness programming. They will report to the Associate Executive Director for Community Services.
- Supervise, together with three directors, 31 full-time, and 100+ part-time staff members who oversee programs that range from pre-kindergarten through high school.
- Ensure follow-through on program plans, ongoing program development and evaluation, and organization systems.
- Communicate with program officers and appropriate staff or funders.
- Develop and manage program budgeting; advanced skills in Excel is essential.
- Represent youth services on external committees and groups.
- Other management responsibilities as needed.
- Master's degree in an appropriate field.
- Ten years of experience working in social services or in an educational organization or equivalent. Substantial experience with youth programs and supervising teams.
- Considerable knowledge of the youth development field, program development, and school settings.
- Ability to organize, manage, and evaluate multiple activities and services.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff, volunteers, and customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, and cultures.
- Ability to track and report on data is essential. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Six personal/floating days
- Life Insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Melissa Vitale. Please indicate “Division Director of Youth and Family Services” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires all employees to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multi-service, community-based organization providing a broad range of services to approximately 16,000 people of each year. Our services include pre-kindergarten and after-school programs; college prep and career programs for teens and young adults; supports for immigrants; a vibrant senior center, dedicated home care services, support and assistance for family caregivers, and social adult day program for people with cognitive and physical impairments.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in our ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Sunnyside Community Services
December 13, 2021