Home Health Aide Supervising Nurse Instructor (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
The Home Health Aide Supervising Nurse Instructor is responsible for administering the Home Health Aide curriculum using various teaching methods in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations and teaching guidelines. This position resides within Sunnyside Home Care Project, Inc. Home Health Aide Training Program and is a full-time position for a bilingual (English/Spanish) Registered Nurse Instructor.
- Provide instruction for HHA training, in-service and competency.
- Maintain departmental goals and standards of operation.
- Interact with the Director of the Training Program and Director of Patient Services to assess department needs and provide feedback on issues that emerge during the training.
- Complete Supervised Practical Training (SPT) visits as needed.
- Perform additional duties, as assigned.
- Registered Professional Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
- Two years of home care experience working for a licensed home care services agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a health or human services field is desirable.
- Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively in English and Spanish. (Must be able to provide official documentation as to the level of proficiency.)
- Must work well with people.
- Ability to understand and relate with diverse individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adapt to the changing needs of program participants.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Sufficient visual and auditory acuity to comprehend communications and assess students’ needs.
- The position may involve prolonged standing, walking, lifting supplies, stooping and bending.
- When conducting SPT’s, individual may encounter prolonged walking, and/or stair climbing.
- Office setting; may include out-of-office meetings/training.
- Evening and weekend work required as scheduled.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 5 personal/floating days
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Home Health Aide Supervising Nurse Instructor (Bilingual-English/Spanish)” to Siobhan Simpson at email@example.com.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
About Sunnyside Community Services
We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most in need.
Sunnyside Community Services envisions diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
July 13, 2022