Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor Per Diem (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
The Home Health Aide Nurse Instructor is responsible for administering the Home Health Aide curriculum using various teaching methods in accordance with New York State Department of Health regulations.
- Provides instruction for HHA training, in-service and competency.
- Maintains departmental goals and standards of operation.
- Interacts with the Nurse Manager to assess department needs and provides feedback on issues that emerge during the course of the training.
- Completes S.P.T. visits as needed.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned
- Registered Professional Nurse licensed to practice in New York State.
- Two years of home care experience working for a licensed home care services agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a health or human services field is desirable.
- Ability to communicate proficiently and effectively in English and Spanish. Must be able to provide official documentation as to the level of proficiency.
- Must work well with people.
- Ability to understand and relate with diverse individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adapt to the changing needs of program participants.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Sufficient visual and auditory acuity to comprehend communications and assess students’ needs.
- Office setting may include out of office meetings/training.
- Evening and weekend work required as scheduled.
- The position may involve prolonged standing, walking, lifting supplies, stooping, and bending.
- When conducting SPT’s, may encounter prolonged walking, and/or stair climbing.
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with the subject line “HHA Nurse Instructor Per Diem (Bilingual-English/Spanish)” to Siobhan Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
July 14, 2022