After-School Instructor – P.S. 150Q (Part-Time)
Reporting directly to the Program Director and Assistant Director, the After-School Instructor is primarily responsible for delivering activities, including tailoring the curriculum for different levels of instruction and developing lesson plans. The instructor will teach students in grades K–5.
This position will be a part of Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, and enrichment programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Supervise a group of K–5th grade students along with the Group Leader, and provide for the safety and well-being of participants.
- Plan, develop and implement age-appropriate activities, lesson plans, events, and projects relevant to program themes that include presentations and visuals for participants in the areas of art, literacy, STEM, SEL, and physical fitness, both onsite and in-person.
- Submit lesson plans and presentations in a timely manner and meet necessary deadlines.
- Assist with homework help and track completion of participant assignments.
- Maintain accurate program documentation (attendance, homework completion, sign-in/out forms, behavior reports, incident reports, health checks, and cleaning logs as appropriate).
- Meet regularly with supervisor and other staff members to share best practices and address challenges.
- Attend essential workshops and mandated trainings.
- Adhere to all Department of Health, Department of Education, DYCD, and Sunnyside Community Services expectations and regulations.
- Maintain the cleanliness of program space in accordance with CDC guidelines and ensure program supplies are well organized and in good condition.
- Familiarity and comfortability with online platforms, including Zoom.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- High school diploma required; some college of relevant degree preferred.
- Relevant experience working with youth facilitating lessons for a group, lesson planning, and group management (training available).
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be available and willing to work in a hybrid model
- This position begins as soon as possible. After-school staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year. They are welcome to reapply for summer camp positions.
Hours: 2:15 – 6 pm; and 13 pre-selected holidays (8 am – 6 pm)
Dates: September 12, 2022 – June 30, 2023
Location: P.S. 150Q
How to Apply
E-mail a cover letter and resume to Lizzette Mejia at LMejia@scsny.org. Please indicate “After-School Instructor” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
July 27, 2022