Friendly Visiting Program Assistant (Part-Time)
The Program Assistant provides various administrative and program support services to the Program Coordinator for our Friendly Visiting, Senior Chat, and Pet Pals programs, which match volunteers with homebound seniors to decrease isolation, increase socialization, and provide weekly pet support. The primary responsibilities include data entry into Salesforce and STARS, coordinating calls to clients and volunteers, outreach and volunteer engagement, assistance with onboarding new volunteers and clients, and coordination of pet care services. The Program Assistant may also perform other duties as assigned. In order to provide professional support to all program participants, the Program Assistant is expected to understand the volunteer and client roles as defined by the program guidelines.
Program and Administrative Support
- Support the Friendly Visiting Coordinator in achieving program goals.
- Assist Friendly Visiting Coordinator with volunteer recruitment and onboarding.
- Conduct reference checks for new prospective volunteers.
- Conduct follow-up calls, email and phone reminders, and regular engagement of volunteers, reporting concerns or issues for follow up.
- Assist Friendly Visiting Coordinator in client matching process with phone and email follow-up.
- Maintain Friendly Visiting Coordinator’s calendar and schedule appointments.
- Coordinate mailings to clients and volunteers.
- Place supply orders and maintain inventory.
Data entry in STARS and Salesforce
- Accurately and promptly record data into STARS and Salesforce data systems with strict compliance to documentation requirements and timelines.
- Create and maintain accurate calendars for scheduling client and volunteer follow-up calls, assessments, and reports.
- Utilize report features to ensure accurate data reporting and fulfillment of goals and targets.
- Assist with monthly reports.
- Assist in the outreach, recruitment, and follow up for prospective volunteers.
- Collaborate with SCS’s Volunteer and Development Departments to regularly post volunteer outreach on social media, volunteer match, and other online and offline opportunities to recruit new volunteers.
- Table at community events to recruit volunteers and provide program information to the community.
- Regularly update and maintain program bulletin board in Senior Center.
- Write copy for volunteer ads and update marketing materials and manuals.
- In collaboration with the Program Coordinator, help to organize and develop volunteer appreciation events and workshops.
- Send weekly program email updates to existing volunteers.
- Manage Padlet, an online platform for volunteers.
Pet Pals Program
- Coordinate pet services.
- Develop and maintain relationships with veterinarian offices, pet stores, and pet supply stores.
- Research, identify, and outreach to specific veterinarian offices, grooming services, and low-cost pet care for Pet Pals clients.
- Coordinate volunteer and pet transportation to and from veterinarian and grooming appointments.
- Associate’s degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of administrative/office support experience, preferably in a social services/non-profit setting.
- Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills: The Program Assistant must be able to interact with clients, staff, their supervisor, and any other stakeholders in a thoughtful, respectful, and dignified manner. They must be able to answer client and volunteer questions and elevate concerns to the supervisor.
- Problem-Solving Skills: The Program Assistant must demonstrate creativity in responding to challenging situations when communicating with the public, staff, and clients.
- Time and Organization Management Skills: The Program Assistant must be adept at managing their time and be able to multitask and prioritize assignments as needed.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: The Program Assistant must provide effective customer service, speak clearly and succinctly when conveying information, and document information clearly and accurately.
- Discretion and Confidentiality: As the Program Assistant has access to private client and volunteer information, they must have the ability to hold all such information, and any other protected information, in the strictest confidence during the processing, storing, and discarding of that information, and must share it only on a need-to-know basis.
- Experience volunteering and/or experience working with older adults preferred.
- Microsoft Office and Excel proficiency, internet search skills and social media.
- STARS/Peer Place, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Bending, sitting, stooping, standing, and walking up and down stairs.
- Local travel via public transportation is required on occasion.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the Program Assistant will be expected to work onsite three days per week (one day must be either Monday or Friday) and may work remotely two days a week unless otherwise instructed by their supervisor in compliance with agency policies.
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, resume, and pay requirement with subject line “Friendly Visiting Program Assistant” to Jennie Thomas at JThomas@scsny.org.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to collaborate with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring, and community-based.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
September 12, 2022