Associate Executive Director for Youth and Immigrant Services
The Associate Executive Director for Youth and Immigrant Services manages the community service division’s array of diverse youth and immigrant programs; participates as a senior-level member of the executive team that manages the organization; and works toward an integrated program model that maintains and expands the continuum of services for the benefit of participants. The Associate Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and directly supervises the youth development leadership team, which includes 3–5 directors, and the Director of Adult and Immigrant Services. The position will have a strong connection to contract management and data/evaluation work.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with experience managing multitiered teams and working as part of an executive team. They will be looked to for leadership both at the program level and the organization overall. Further, the Associate Executive Director must be a strong manager with leadership vision, a sense of entrepreneurship, and proven operations and budget management skills.
The Associate Executive Director must be capable of integrating smoothly into the senior management team at SCS and fit into the organization’s collaborative and inclusive culture. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, a hands-on management style, an ability to listen and be inclusive of ideas, and be able to work collaboratively with staff and leadership to address and solve problems or issues as they arise.
- Manage the youth and family services, and immigrant services divisions, with an overall $8 million budget.
- Manage the overall operations, strategic direction, and oversight of these programs.
- Membership in the executive management team of the organization.
- In collaboration with the management team, plan, develop, and evaluate programs and organization systems.
- Manage an integrated system of results:
- Participant Services: Monitor and support programs to verify that the most effective strategies are in place.
- Contract Compliance: In partnership with Contract Manager, guarantee that contracted mandates are fulfilled. Work with Youth and Family and Immigrant Service leadership to make sure effective strategies evolve to fulfill goals.
- Programmatic Results: Plan for, track, and report on programmatic results with program teams.
- Continuum: Work at all levels of the organization to ensure our continuum of services is maximized.
- Ensure the quality of program performance and outcome measures for each program; ensure the quality and timeliness of individual employee evaluations.
- Work closely with development and fiscal directors; oversee department budgeting and spending, as well as public and private grant dollars for division programs.
- Identify community and participant needs.
- As needed, design new programs to further the mission of the organization and stay current with community needs.
- Build and maintain relationships with community partners and elected and appointed officials.
- Represent the organization/community service programs at appropriate levels: umbrella organizations, community board, board of directors, etc.
- Serve as the lead program person with funders at the planning stage, and at any juncture where accountability or negotiations are needed.
- Oversee and manage staff development opportunities.
- Step into program leadership roles as needed.
- Other management responsibilities as needed. Based on capacity, the role may extend to other relevant community services.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in social services, government, or a related field. Experience with youth and immigrant programs is preferred, but successful candidates may come from a variety of service backgrounds. Ideally, the candidate will have a strong background within a multiservice environment.
- Adept at prioritizing multiple and varied responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and networking skills.
- Ability to track and report on data is essential. Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills and experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 18 vacation days per year
- 5 personal/floating days per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 1 sick day per month
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com. Please indicate “AED of Youth and Immigrant Services” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
About Sunnyside Community Services
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a community-based nonprofit centered on the belief that every person deserves meaningful support to achieve their aspirations – especially struggling families and individuals. With programs designed to enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, SCS has been lighting up lives with programs as diverse as the people they serve since 1974.
Sunnyside Community Services serves a diverse community of over 16,000 people of all ages, ethnicities, and income levels throughout Queens. Approximately 2,500 students participate in SCS youth programs, which range from pre-kindergarten, elementary after-school and summer camp programs, Beacon Community Centers, a Cornerstone program in public housing, and jobs and college readiness programming, among others. Immigrants receive support services to be able to live as full members of the community, including free immigration legal services, English for Speakers of Other Languages and benefits access. For at-risk older adults, SCS offers a full range of services, which includes social adult day care for individuals with Alzheimer’s, home care, home health aide training, and a vibrant senior center.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services’ location is convenient to public transportation (a 10-minute subway ride from Grand Central).
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
October 27, 2022