Workforce Development Recruiter – Bilingual Spanish/ English (Part-Time)
The Workforce Development Recruiter is responsible for conducting outreach to recruit trainees for Sunnyside Community Service’s Home Health Aide Training Program, and to recruit certified Home Health Aides for employment with Sunnyside Home Care Project. The recruiter will serve as an ambassador of the organization in promoting the training program and employment opportunities. They will nurture relationships with potential recruits/trainees and manage on-going community relationships.
- Coordinate and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting certified Home Health Aides and Home Health Aide Trainees in New York City.
- Coordinate and develop recruitment process and schedule.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with community organizations regarding recruitment.
- Work with hiring personnel and interview teams to ensure job requirements and expectations are understood, and candidates are assessed against appropriate criteria.
- Provide support and assistance to new recruits and trainees, ensuring that they understand expectations and agency policies and procedures.
- Provide an assessment of outreach results and recruitment strategies.
- Ensure weekly follow-up with recruitment candidates to ensure timeliness of recruitment process.
- Maintain a database of referral sources for potential training applicants in Salesforce.
- Provide weekly recruitment outreach reports and data.
- Conduct information sessions for candidates on and off-site.
- Interview candidates as needed.
- Participate in program staff meetings.
- Actively participate in all staffing-related activities and engage in cross-functional projects related to the Home Health Training Program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Two-year degree from a recognized college or university in social/human services; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Familiarity with SalesForce a plus.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish proficiency is required. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Two years of experience working in an educational or career development program.
- Ability to understand and relate with diverse individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and computer literacy.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, volunteers, and other community/government agencies.
- Local travel required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adapt to the changing needs of program participants.
- Ability to network with other departments and community service providers.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Schedule: Part-Time; 25 hours/week
Bending, sitting, stooping, standing, and computer data entry.
How to Apply
E-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Workforce Development Recruiter – Bilingual Spanish/ English_ your name” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
September 15, 2022