Social Worker Supervisor – Caregiver Support Western Queens
The bilingual, Spanish-speaking Supervisor in our Caregiver Support – Western Queens program will work under the supervision of the Program Director to provide leadership and direct supervision to social workers working under the title of Caregiver Support Specialists. The Supervisor is expected to have extensive experience working with older adults and their families, and some familiarity of the challenges experienced by caregivers. Supervisor will oversee appropriateness of referrals, care plans, and overall service delivery to clients. Additionally, the Supervisor will provide direct services in support of the program, and provide outreach in the community to identify and build a new client base.
The Caregiver Support program provides information, referrals, counseling, and respite to family caregivers – those family members or friends who are providing care to physically disabled or cognitively impaired older adults, grandparents caring for grandchildren, and older adults caring for a disabled adult. Respite service provides temporary relief from caregiving responsibilities on a limited basis and can include in-home care or adult day care services.
- Supervise four Caregiver Support Specialists and their client caseloads, providing weekly one-on-one supervision and group supervision.
- Track and monitor services to guide supervisees in meeting program deliverables.
- Use social work expertise to guide supervisees in providing the best client care management, including ongoing reassessment of client needs, provision of services, and monitoring of service efficacy.
- Review documentation, including intakes, assessments, and client case note entries in the Department for the Aging’s database, Peer Place.
- Navigate SCS’ agency database, Salesforce.
- Document case reviews for all program clients to ensure caregivers receive the appropriate information, resources, supportive counseling, supplemental financial support, and respite (such as HHA assistance and day programs).
- In the absence of a Caregiver Support Specialist, Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring no gaps in service to clients.
- Lead a time-limited support group for caregivers in the program.
- Coordinate trainings for caregivers; track and support trainings held for caregivers by Caregiver Support Specialist staff.
- Lead and support Caregiver Support Specialists in outreach events in the Western Queens community; provide public information through networking with community stakeholders, increasing awareness of the Caregiver Support Program and our services; and engage potential clients and partnerships.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director to support the program.
- Master’s degree in social work or equivalent, with direct supervisory experience of social workers providing case management, case assistance, and/or counseling services. LMSW preferred; SIFI certification a plus.
- Three years of experience working with older adult populations and their families.
- Bilingual Spanish required.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to thrive in an environment with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent problem resolution, planning, and decision-making abilities regarding personnel and client issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to track and report on data.
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Familiarity with client databases STARS/Peer Place and Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation.
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple responsibilities and services.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, in both a home and office environment.
- Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, public speaking, and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, characteristics, and cultures.
Working Environment: SCS currently has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote. This position requires some home visits and field work.
- Local travel via public transportation is required on occasion.
- Ability to make home visits to clients and older adults.
- Bending, sitting, stooping, standing, and walking up and down stairs.
Classification: Exempt – Full Time
Salary: $55,000 – $57,000 per year
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 6 personal/floating days
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Katie Hine at email@example.com. Please indicate “Caregiver Support Western Queens Supervisor” in email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to collaborate with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves on an approach that is comprehensive, caring, and community-based. For more information on Sunnyside Community Services, please visit www.scsny.org.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
January 26, 2023