Registered Nurse/Clinical Manager
The Sunnyside Home Care Department is responsible for ensuring that the care to the clients it serves is consistent with the New York State Department of Health regulations, contractual requirements, current standards of care, and the agency’s mission, vision, and values. The Clinical Manager is responsible for helping to fulfill that objective by 1) ensuring all active home care clients receive quality care and service; 2) ensuring the effective coordination of all care and services; 3) implementing efficient and effective processes to deliver quality care; and 4) utilizing the principles of quality improvement for program management.
- Provide effective oversight for ensuring all clients accepted for service meet the agency’s admission criteria.
- Plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate the provision of all home care services to ensure that all client needs are met and quality care is provided.
- Coordinate the activities of the nursing team to effectively meet departmental performance expectations.
- Ensure all clients are safely discharged from the agency.
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member of the quality improvement and corporate compliance committees.
- Provide monitoring and oversight activities to guarantee that effective staffing levels are maintained.
- Ensure data entry is completed accurately and timely.
- Identify areas of training and support needed for nursing team.
- Provide oversight for ensuring documentation compliance standards are achieved.
- Keep abreast of current practice standards, regulatory requirements, and other issues affecting the home care industry.
- Other duties, as assigned.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
Most work will take place in an office setting, with the potential for occasional field visits that may involve potential exposure to client illnesses. Occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required as needed.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent; BSN preferred.
- Experience in home care.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of HCPLUS or similar home care platform.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Classification: Full-time/Exempt
Reports to: Director of Client Services
Positions Reporting to Clinical Manager:
Field Nurse Supervisor
Quality Improvement Assistant
Medical Records Coordinator
Nursing File Clerk
Clinical Care Assistant
Per diem Nurses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 5 personal/floating days
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Melissa Vitale at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Clinical Manager” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Sunnyside Community Services
October 3, 2022