Looking for a part-time job that is fun and engaging? Look no further! If you love working with kids and are looking to get into the field of education, this is a great way to start!
Group Leaders will report directly to our Program Director. They will work with another staff member and will be responsible for the overall care and safety of a group of children ages 5–12.
Group Leaders are responsible for conducting fun and engaging age-appropriate activities and will assist instructors with activities in STEM, art, dance, and gym.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school students, high school job readiness, career readiness, enrichment programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Maintain daily attendance, homework completion sheets, and meal roster logs.
- Assist Instructors in the implementation of lessons and activities.
- Provide constant supervision to assigned groups of children.
- Ensure that classroom and activity areas are cleaned and organized.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- Must be 18 years old or older and have a high school diploma or equivalent; some college or relevant degree preferred.
- Experience working with children, experience working in an after-school environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Compensation: Starts at $16.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 2 – 5:30 pm, September 2023 – June 2024 – 17.5 hours per week
Location: P.S. 199Q in Sunnyside, Queens (Elementary School – Grades K-5)
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Barbara Murphy, Program Director of P.S. 199Q, at BMurphy@scsny.org. Please indicate “After-School Group Leader” in the email subject line.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer