Group Leaders will be in charge of a group of participants and will be responsible for the overall care and safety of the youth. Group Leaders are responsible for conducting age-appropriate activities alongside the group’s Instructors. Group Leaders will report directly to the Campus Director.
This position will be a part of our Youth and Family Services offered at Sunnyside Community Services, which includes a pre-kindergarten program, after-school programs for elementary and middle school youth, high school job readiness, career readiness, enrichment programming, and Adult and Immigrant Services.
- Ensure the safety of all program participants.
- Submit age-appropriate lesson plans in a timely manner.
- Assist Instructors in the implementation of lessons and activities.
- Lead, plan, and prep special projects for community or program events in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and supervise SYEP and volunteers.
- Provide constant and consistent supervision to assigned groups of participants.
- Maintain room and activity areas, ensuring that they are clean, organized, and sanitized.
- Motivate and maintain active involvement of program participants.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Must be available Monday – Friday during program hours (2:30 – 6 pm). Limited flexibility is available to accommodate school schedules.
- High School diploma required; some college or relevant degree preferred.
- Experience working with youth and experience working in an after-school environment preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- This position begins after clearances and the required online trainings are completed. After-school staff are expected to be committed to the position until the end of the school year in June.
Compensation: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday –Friday, 2:30 – 6 pm (with limited opportunity for additional hours based on programming)
Location: Sunnyside Campus at I.S. 5 in Elmhurst, NY 11373
How to Apply
Email a cover letter and resume to Denise Aragon, Campus Director, at Daragon@scsny.org. Please indicate “After-school Group Leader” in the email subject line.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer