The Bilingual Case Manager helps impaired older adults safely maintain independent life in the community by linking them to community resources/home services and assisting/advocating on their behalf to obtain benefits and entitlements. The person in this role works with clients and their families to formulate appropriate care plans, maintaining contact by phone and conducting home visits.
- Screen all requests for services, determining clients’ eligibility, and providing information and referrals.
- Conduct home assessments to determine living conditions; functional limitations; need for home care, medical care, socialization, and counseling; financial status as relates to eligibility for entitlements/benefits; and plan of care/agreement for home services.
- Maintain contact with clients, caregivers, and families, staying abreast of any changes in clients’ status or need for further immediate intervention.
- Advocate for clients regarding benefits, entitlements, and medical care.
- Refer clients to emergency community services such as mental health (Mobile Crisis) and/or Adult Protective Services when necessary.
- Develop and maintain contact with community and government agencies.
- Maintain statistics, including written records of contacts with clients.
- Participate in educational trainings and conferences.
- Conduct intakes by phone or in person on a weekly basis.
- Maintain client and agency confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $54,000 – $57,000
Bending, sitting, stooping, standing, and walking up and down stairs.
This position currently operates on a hybrid work model with three days in the office and two days remote.
The individual in this position will work in a typical office setting, with field visits that may potentially expose them to client illnesses.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in social work with two years of supervised experience in the human services field.
- Bilingual Spanish/English or Greek/English.
- Driver preferred.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Six personal/floating days per year
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to JBoden@scsny.org. Please indicate “Bilingual Case Manager – Your Name” in the email subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer