SCS is seeking a candidate for Contract and Compliance Manager. “Sunnyside” comprises three corporations, including two licensed home care agencies and a community services organization. The three entities operate as divisions providing a continuum of services for youth, families, and older adults, under the direction of a single Board and an Executive Director.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management, tracking, and timely execution of city, state, and federal government contracts for Sunnyside Community Services and Sunnyside Home Care Project.
The Contract and Compliance Manager reports to the Associate Executive Director for Older Adult Services and works closely with the senior managers. As the designated Corporate Compliance Officer, this person will also have direct access to the Board and reports to the Executive Director.
Candidate will also be the point person for home care compliance. The successful candidate will foster relationships with department leadership and provide guidance on issues relevant to department contracts and overall compliance for successful agency operations.
Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) currently operates on a hybrid model with three days in the office, and two days remote.
Contract and Compliance Responsibilities
- Develop and implement policies, protocols, standards, and business processes for effective contracts and grant management for over 50 contracts.
- Prepare contract documents and upload required supporting documents to City, State and Federal contracting portals.
- Track clearance of Discretionary Contracts.
- Monitor vendor performance and compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Maintain pre-qualified status and responsible vendor status for government contracting portals including HHS, PASSPORT, Grants Gateway, SAM’s, Grants.gov, SFS, CMS and NYS Vendor Responsibility.
- Monitor program compliance with regulations of youth and older adult programs and license/permit renewals, as needed.
- Monitor corporate compliance/whistleblower hotline.
- Conduct fraud waste and abuse, and conflict of interest investigations as needed.
Home Care Responsibilities
- Conduct quarterly corporate compliance meetings.
- Participate with home care service delivery team in annual verification organization audits.
- Coordinate fraud waste and abuse training.
- Serve as point person and ensure timely submission of document requests for Office of Medicaid Inspector General.
- Consult with outside counsel as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues including NYS self-disclosure requirements.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability; implement and update a compliance workplan annually with approval from the Governing Board.
- Submit an annual certification.
- Strong administrator/project manager with exceptional attention to detail.
- At least five years’ experience in managing government contracts and/or programs in a social service setting or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated administrative and management skills including experience with large-scale programs that have multiple funding streams, contractual requirements, and performance outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as ability to follow through independently on assigned tasks.
- Excellent computer and communication skills; strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Understanding of SACC and Childcare program regulations preferred.
- Experience with government contracting portals, e.g., PASSPORT, Grants Gateway, SAM’s, Vendor Responsibility, etc. preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000 (Exempt)
SCS offers an excellent benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Five personal/floating days per year
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
SCS is based in Sunnyside, Queens, conveniently located near public transportation (a 10-minute subway ride from Grand Central.)
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume with subject line “Contract Compliance Manager” to Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources at Mvitale@scsny.org.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services strives to address, explore and educate all our stakeholders about the diversity of the human experience and to advance and intergrate racial equity and social justice into all organizational policies and programs. We believe that everyone, regardless of who they are or whay they do for the organization, should feel equally involved and supported. SCS represents a commitment to considering the whole person and how systemic barriers and access to opportunities can affect well being.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.