Desktop Support assists in specific projects assigned by IT Director, takes part in daily computer & software trouble shooting, helps with setting up desktops/laptops, and travels to multiple sites. Part-time Desktop Support also works in conjunction with the rest of the IT team to accomplish system-related tasks.
1. Assist with new software installations within a Windows environment.
2. Help troubleshoot sporadic workstation problems.
3. Assist with equipment moves and changes.
4. Train new and existing users in various software.
5. Performs other duties, as assigned.
Indoor setting prolonged sitting; some walking, lifting, stooping, and bending.
Office setting may include occasional evening and/or weekend work for special projects. On-call as required in response to IT issues. When applicable for the job, SCS currently has a hybrid work model with three days in office and two days remote.
1. Associate’s degree; bachelor’s degree in computer systems preferred.
2. Familiarity with networked environment.
3. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment and current standard applications.
4. Willingness to work with management staff and users to resolve systems problems.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply: Please forward resume and cover letter to Chu Kong, Information Technology Director at email@example.com or fax to 718-706-2475.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer.