SCS, an innovative nonprofit in Queens, is seeking a Director of Caregiver Services to lead our work supporting family caregivers. The position is based at our Long Island City office on Center Boulevard. The Director reports to the Associate Executive Director for Older Adult Services.
The Director of Caregiver Services provides leadership to two programs serving family caregivers. The first program involves day-to-day oversight of our state-funded Alzheimer’s Services program, which offers a range of support to families caring for individuals with memory loss or diagnosed dementia. The second program, funded by NYC Aging, focuses on providing support to residents of Western Queens aged 60+ as well as grandparent caregivers. The Director of Caregiver Services will supervise the Director of Western Queens.
The Director will supervise a Senior Social Work Supervisor, two Community Outreach Specialists, a Trainer, a Caregiver Education Coordinator, a Program Assistant, and the Director of Western Queens (who in turn supervises six staff).
We welcome collaborative individuals with diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to addressing the challenges facing older adults, in alignment with our mission.
- Direct oversight of an overall budget of $1.6 million.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection, and management of staff for the caregiver support programs.
- Conduct comprehensive evaluation of program activities and generate insightful reports based on data.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with two subcontractors, ensuring seamless collaboration.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop, track, and monitor process of home care respite billing.
- Collaborate with home care contractors to effectively coordinate in-home and social adult day respite services to ensure referrals meet caregiver and care receiver needs.
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on case files.
- Ensure strong connection to the older adult services programs: Geriatric Mental Health, Case Management, Medicaid Eligibility, Friendly Visiting, and Elder Justice with a specific focus on generating referrals to Social Adult Day and Home Care.
- Serve as a liaison with funders.
- Work closely with Associate Executive Director and the fiscal team to oversee program budgeting.
- Other management responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of five years of experience working in non-profit organizations or equivalent.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong communication with team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values, and cultures.
- Strong computer skills with experience in Salesforce, Microsoft Outlook, and Excel.
Location: Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) currently operates on a hybrid model with three days in the office, and two days remote. This is subject to change.
Salary: $85,000 – $90,000
Job Classification: Exempt
Reports to: Associate Executive Director, Older Adult Services
SCS offers an excellent benefits package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement pension plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Five personal/floating days per year
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, and resume with the subject line “Director of Caregivers Services” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We enrich lives and strengthen communities through services and engagement for individuals at all ages, beginning with those most in need.
Sunnyside Community Services envisions diverse, inclusive, and caring communities where all people thrive and reach their fullest potential.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.