The Front Desk Representative is the first point of contact for the community visiting Sunnyside Community Services and is an integral part of setting an outstanding customer service experience for clients, visitors, distinguished guests, and community members.
The Front Desk Representative will develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of SCS programs and services to ensure that accurate and up-to-date information and materials are communicated during the customer’s experience. This includes referring members to the appropriate staff member or department when necessary and troubleshooting challenging situations in a professional and diplomatic manner. The Front Desk Representative takes all steps needed to resolve the situation and/or consults management for assistance.
In addition to customer service, the Front Desk Representative will interface with other staff, such as home health aides, to prepare and distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) packets daily, and track/record PPE supplies/inventory, and enter daily distribution counts into a database. The Front Desk Representative will ensure that a consistent production and supply of PPE are prepared and readily available to employees and guests at all times.
As part of our customer service team, the Front Desk Representative presents and supports SCS’s Core Values: People-centered, Connected Services, Strength in Diversity, Integrity and Commitment, Power in Partnership, and Commitment to Team.
Greet and Assist the Community
- Welcome program participants, visitors, and guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provide information and materials about SCS services or programs, including eligibility for services, program locations and hours, program contacts, office hours, and telephone numbers.
- Maintain program materials and information in an organized display.
- Respond to guest requests, questions, problems, and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Collect/organize materials for events and confirm guest information.
- Maintain guest/participant/client/vendor sign-in sheets and employee scan-in.
- Be familiar with and adhere to customer service standards and safety protocols.
- Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to customers, home care/employees, and guests.
- Communicate customer service issues to management.
- Perform other customer service-related duties in addition to those listed, to meet the needs of guests.
Security and Safety Support
- Follow and implement safety and security protocols with Facility Services Manager.
- Assist with monitoring facility safety security cameras.
- Report lobby cleaning/functionality/security issues to facility services.
- Work closely with Facilities Service Manager to ensure building safety.
- Monitor entrance and departure of employees, guests, visitors, and participants.
- Prepare Incident Reports as needed.
- Maintain a report log.
Supportive/Secondary Administrative Tasks
- Assist in preparing personal protective equipment (PPE) packets.
- Assist with PPE packet set-ups for mailing; stamp and mail outgoing PPE packets to clients and/or employees.
- Accept deliveries of PPE packages; sort and keep inventory.
- Process paperwork related to supply requests (purchase requisitions, orders, check requests).
- Locate stock and deliver requested items to programs/staff.
- Provide lunch coverage.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and/or training in hospitality environments.
- 2–5 years of customer service or hospitality experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both verbally and writing.
- Proficiency with Windows-based computers and with the Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using electronic devices such as ID card scanners, laptops, walkie-talkies, telephones, and multi-function copiers.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a demanding fast-paced environment.
SCS Offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 5 personal/floating days per year
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
Hourly Rate: $20.00 – $24.00
How to Apply: Send cover letter and resume to Yasmin Quinones at email@example.com. Please indicate “Front Desk Receptionist – Your Name” in the email subject line.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer