The Sunnyside Home Care Program at Sunnyside Community Services assists individuals with physical or cognitive impairments to continue living safely in the community. The Home Care Coordinator is responsible for helping to fulfill that objective by: 1) coordinating service delivery to ensure that Sunnyside Home Care clients consistently receive high quality and responsive service delivery; 2) providing effective oversight of home care workers through supervising, coaching, and mentoring; 3) ensuring that Sunnyside Home Care meets both contractual and NYS Department of Health regulatory requirements; and 4) providing an exceptional customer experience for all the customers/clients they serve.
Coordinating Service Delivery
- Perform initial and ongoing home care worker assignments.
- Ensure home care workers compliance status is current at the time of initial assignment.
- Coordinate services utilizing a team approach with nurses, home care workers, and other stakeholders involved in the client’s care.
- Participate in on-call assignments on a rotational basis.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with clients/family members, home care workers, and contracts.
- Assist in covering additional caseloads in the absence of team members, when needed.
- Ensure client’s schedules are updated and accurate in the HHA exchange system.
- Ensure client services are consistently provided as authorized/ordered.
- Provide effective utilization of home care workers to meet productivity standards.
- Implement effective workflows for meeting the daily functions for the caseload.
- Complete the required follow up activities, such as unverified and exception reports, attendance checks, and no-show reports thoroughly, accurately, and timely.
Compliance and Quality Assurance
- Conduct field visits in accordance with contractual guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Compliance Department to maintain home care worker compliance.
- Participate in investigations of incidents, accidents, and complaints.
- Communicate promptly to contract agencies for all service issues following contractual requirements.
- Participate in various quality assurance activities.
- Adhere to the agency’s corporate compliance program.
- Adhere to the agency’s policies, procedures, and standards.
Supervising Home Care Workers
- Complete the administrative and professional evaluation for home care workers as required.
- Participate in the agency’s performance management program.
- Utilize effective coaching and supervision techniques.
- Act as a resource to staff regarding agency policies, procedures, and contract guidelines.
- Maintain record keeping and documentation in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.
- Function effectively on a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Input daily changes into computer system and reconcile discrepancies promptly.
- Provide thorough, concise, and timely written documentation.
- Complete follow-up activities for the timely processing for the home care workers’ payroll.
- Complete time sheet research and processing.
- Serve as an advocate and ambassador by adhering to the mission, vision, and core values of Sunnyside Community Services.
- Keep supervisor and managers informed of situations affecting the home care department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- AA degree (preferred).
- Experience in home care or human services (preferred).
Compensation: $42,000 to $45,000
Classification: Exempt Overtime Eligible
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
The work of this role will take place in an office setting, with occasional field visits that may involve potential exposure to client illnesses. Evening, weekend, and holiday work may be required as needed.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account
- Transit checks
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
- 12 paid holidays and six personal/floating days
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate “Home Care Coordinator” in the email subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services strives to address, explore, and educate all our stakeholders about the diversity of human experience and to advance and integrate racial equity and social justice into all organizational policies and programs. We believe that everyone, regardless of who they are or what they do for the organization, should feel equally involved and supported.
Sunnyside Community Services represents a commitment to considering the whole person and how systemic barriers and access to opportunities can affect well-being.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer