The Medicaid Support Specialist assists the Medicaid Eligibility Specialist with screening and assessing prospective members’ eligibility for Medicaid, and tracking and facilitating members’ eligibility status in the Salesforce data system. The Medicaid Support Specialist is a member of the Care Connections Team (Universal Intake). In the absence of the Medicaid Specialist, The Medicaid Support Specialist will assume all responsibilities.
- Support the assessment of prospective members’ financial status and eligibility for Medicaid.
- Complete all applications and related documentation for Medicaid.
- Follow-up with members to ensure member compliance.
- Review monthly roster and follow-up with members who have lost their Medicaid eligibility.
- Promptly notify the Intake Supervisor of members that have lost their Medicaid.
- Track recertification dates and facilitate updates of documentation needed to maintain eligibility status.
- Document all member-related activities in the HCPLUS system.
- Act as a resource and entitlement specialist for other members of the enrollment team, membership services staff, and care management staff.
- Participate in interdisciplinary enrollment and care team conferences, as appropriate.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Associate’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience; bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider those with a minimum of 7 years of comparable experience in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and City regulations related to Medicaid eligibility and entitlements.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in data collection, organization, and follow-through.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-site organization a plus.
Compensation: $20 – $22/hour
Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday; 9 am – 5 pm; 24 hours/week
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pro-rated sick time, vacation, and holidays
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter and resume to Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources, at Mvitale@scsny.org. Please indicate “Medicaid Specialist Part-Time” in the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, SCS requires all employees to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community based.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer