The Registered Nurse is responsible for the clinical management of client services, the clinical supervision of home care workers, and the coordination of staff and home care worker training in accordance with Department of Health and Agency policies and procedures, as well as contractual requirements.
- Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge including the discharge plan.
- Orients clients/families to agency policies, their rights and responsibilities, and privacy practice.
- Visits clients initially and on an on-going basis to assess their health care needs and evaluate the appropriateness for services.
- Develops a plan of care according to client’s needs in collaboration with the client, family, physician, case coordinator, and other service providers.
- Identifies health problems and follows up with client and/or family and physician.
- Identifies patient/family teaching needs and provides education.
- Maintains client records, assuring timely and accurate documentation in accordance with Department of Health and agency policies.
- Performs in-home assessments as required and develops a comprehensive plan of care.
- Evaluates home safety, and the need for assistive devices and safety equipment, and makes appropriate referrals.
- Participates in quality improvement activities, as appropriate.
- May perform other job-related tasks, as necessary.
- NY State Licensed Registered Nurse, BSN, and community home care experience preferred.
- Good verbal, written, and clinical skills.
- Able to represent the organization with competency and professionalism.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work well with people.
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Compensation: $35 – $75 per hour
How to Apply
Please forward your resume to Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources, at Mvitale@scsny.org.
Please Note: If hired, SCS requires all employees to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Our location is convenient to public transportation (a 10-minute subway ride from Grand Central).