New graduates are welcome to apply.
Sunnyside Home Care at Sunnyside Community Services is currently searching for a Registered Nurse who will play a vital role in our Home Care division. The Registered Nurse will oversee all aspects of client care, as well as supervise the paraprofessional in the home. The Registered Nurse will enjoy a flexible weekday work schedule and on-call responsibilities on a rotating schedule.
An individualized and comprehensive orientation plan is provided to meet each individual’s needs.
Sunnyside Home Care provides compassionate care to New Yorkers needing in-home care. Our highly trained paraprofessionals provide vital support to help individuals remain safely in their homes and communities. Our administrative staff serves as the link between clients, their caregivers, and the paraprofessional in the home.
- Responsible for the clinical management of the client’s home care services.
- Specific caseloads are assigned geographically.
- Supervise paraprofessionals in the home.
- Conduct comprehensive in-home physical and environmental assessments.
- Develop the client’s Plan of Care.
- Interact with all members involved in the client’s care, including physicians, family members and insurance plans.
- NY State licensed registered nurse.
- Community home care experience preferred, but not required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to represent the organization with competency and professionalism.
- Detail oriented and the ability to work efficiently.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport.
- Knowledge of assessment skills.
Job Classification: Exempt / Full-Time
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days of paid vacation per year
- 12 paid holidays per year
- 12 paid sick days per year
- 5 personal/floating days per year
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
Salary: $78,000 – $81,000
How to Apply
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, resume, and salary requirement with subject line “Registered Nurse” to Mvitale@scsny.org.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer