Program update regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Please continue to check here for the latest information on SCS programs. You can reach us at 718-784-6173 or reach out to staff as you usually do by phone or email. The primary email for SCS is email@example.com.
Services for Seniors
- Registered members of the senior center are welcome to pick up a Grab And Go lunch at the Center from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM.
- The Senior Center is now offering in-person activities on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. To schedule your reservation for case assistance or in person activities, call us at 929-335-7884 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We continue to offer virtual activities and case assistance on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- All seniors and caregivers are welcome to participate in online virtual classes. Please see a full list of classes here.
- For general questions about senior services, please reach out to email@example.com or call us at 877-577-9337. Please leave a message with your name, phone number, indicate if you are a member of the Senior Center.
Case Management Services is now providing services with a hybrid model.
Social Adult Day, Caregiver, Geriatric Mental Health, Friendly Visiting are also providing support by phone or virtually at this time. Please continue to reach out to staff by phone or email. You can also call 877-577-9337.
Home Health Aides continue to provide care to clients at home. Our Home Care Administrative Offices are available by phone from 9 AM to 5 PM, Monday-Friday. PPE for Home Health Aides can be picked up from 8:00 am-5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The HHA training program has resumed at a reduced class size
Youth and Family Services
Sunnyside Up PreK is open with regular program hours. Please call 718-784-6173, ext. 410 to inquire about the 2021-2022 School Year.
Summer programs at all K-12 level schools (PS 150, PS 199, PS 343, IS 5) are resuming in-person.
Our Woodside Houses Cornerstone program begins summer hours on July 5. The new summer hours are 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Mon-Fri and 3 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Our Youth Programming supporting Queens Technical High School is offering remote learning services.
For more information please call and leave a message for Melissa Moscoso, Program Support Coordinator, at (718) 784-6173 ext. 410 or MMoscoso@scsny.org.
ESOL has moved to all-digital learning. To register for classes, please visit this page.
Volunteer opportunities are available with a combination of virtual and in-person opportunities. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email email@example.com to inquire.