Program update regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Sunnyside Community Services continues to monitor Covid-19 related developments carefully to reduce the risk to participants, staff, and volunteers. To adhere to the request to reduce larger gatherings and reduce risk to older adults, we continue to operate most programs remotely.
Please continue to check here for the latest information on SCS programs. You can out to us at 718-784-6173 or reach out to staff as you usually do by phone or email. The primary email for SCS is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services for Seniors
If you are already in an SCS program, you can reach staff at their regular number. For general inquiries regarding senior services including access to food, please reach out to email@example.com or call us at 877-577-9337. Please leave a message with your name, phone number, indicate if you are a member of the Senior Center, and provide the best time to reach you.
All seniors and caregivers are welcome to participate in online virtual classes. Please see a full list of classes here. SCS is not hosting in-person activities for seniors at this time.
Case Management Services will be provided by phone and meal delivery will continue.
Social Adult Day, Caregiver, Geriatric Mental Health, Friendly Visiting are also providing support by phone at this time. Please continue to reach out to staff by phone or email. You can also call 877-577-9337.
The main office in Sunnyside is working under reduced hours to help lower the spread of the virus.
Home Health Aides will continue to provide care to clients at home
The HHA training program has resumed at a reduced class size
For any compliance needs, please email Mroach@scsny.org. If you leave a voicemail at 718-784-6160 x314, Michelle Roach, Compliance Supervisor, will return your call.
Home Health Aides PPE Distribution
PPE for Home Health Aides can be picked up between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Youth and Family Services
- Prekindergarten programming is preparing for the school year with a combination of online and in-person activities.
- Summer Camp programming for our PS 150, PS 199, PS 343, IS 5 and Woodside Houses Community Center are being offered with a combination of online and in-person programming.
- Queens Tech Youth Futures in-coming 9th grade students are participating in our online Summer Bridge Program.
- Our Summer Internship Programming is remote this year and is accepting applications.
For more information please call and leave a message for Melissa Moscoso, Program Support Coordinator, at (718) 784-6173 ext. 410 or MMoscoso@scsny.org.
ESOL in-person classes suspended and moved to digital learning. To register for classes, please visit this page.
Free Meals for All
The New York City Department of Education is making three free meals available daily for any New Yorker at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Pick-up hours for children and families are from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up three meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off-premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
Use the Meal Hub lookup tool to find a location near you.