Social Adult Day Program
Currently, our Social Adult Day offers in-person programming on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and virtual programming on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Our Social Adult Day program offers specialized support and therapeutic activities for older adults with cognitive impairments, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
For many families, the program offers an alternative to nursing home placement. The Social Adult Day program provides a way for loved ones with memory loss to continue living at home while providing respite for their caregivers.
What makes Social Adult Day at SCS different?
- A low staff-to-participant ratio ensures your loved one receives the individualized care and attention they need
- A kitchen, dining room, and activity area creates a home-like environment
- Certified aides assist participants with personal care and medication reminders
- Participants engage daily in activities designed to meet their needs, interests, and abilities, including yoga, music, art, games, and pet therapy
- Our pre-K program visits weekly for intergenerational programming
- A hot lunch is prepared fresh onsite daily, as well as a light breakfast
- Door-to-door transportation is provided in a wheelchair-accessible van for those in western Queens.
- We can offer support and provide in-home care services to family caregivers of a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia through our Care NYC program.
Sunnyside Community Services’ Social Adult Day Program is supported by the New York City Department for the Aging.
Tel:718-784-6173 ext. 437