Career Pathway in Health Care
Career Pathway Program in Health Care
Jumpstart Your Career Today!
Start a career pathway that leads to well-paying, in-demand jobs while working as a Home Health Aide. SCS offers a comprehensive, integrated Home Health Aide Training Program for students 16 to 24 that includes a variety of integrated services to help you succeed.
What’s in it for you?
- Free job readiness skills training
- Employment placement
- Occupational skills training leading to certification and job placement for 18-24 year olds
- Leadership development opportunities
- Financial literacy workshops
- Counseling/job coaching
- Alternative/secondary school services
- GED/TASC preparation
- Internships and peer mentoring program in home care
- Entrepreneurial skills training
- Supportive and follow-up services
Are you eligible? You must meet the following qualifications:
- Out of School Youth (ages 16 -24)
- New York City resident
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Household income must fall within the federal low income guidelines
- Males 18 years old must be registered with Selective Service
- Complete TABE Assessment to determine proficiency in Reading and Math
How to Apply: Call 718-784-6160, ext. 510 or submit the form below to request additional information.
Sunnyside Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
TDD/TTY 1-800-622-1220 (TT&Y) 1-800-421-1220 (voice)
Tel:718-784-6160 Ext. 510