For Students at Queens Tech
The Youth Future programs at Queens Tech will help you find summer employment, build skills for an exciting career, and get the supports you need for a balanced life.
What's Available Through Youth Futures At Queens Tech?
- Our 21st Century Community Learning Center includes workshops, learning opportunities, and individual advisement on college, careers, and more.
- The College Readiness Program will prepare you for the college admissions process, including SAT preparation, workshops about college essays and college applications, and individual advisement.
- The Career Readiness Program combines internship experiences with career readiness education so that you are prepared with a well-written resume, interview tips, and skills to help you plan your career.
- The Enrichment Program offers a combination of academic, artistic, and community-based learning opportunities, including tutoring and academic advisement, art and recreation activities, technology education, and community-related programming.
- The Community Schools initiative provides support services to you and your family, including attendance support, academic referrals, mental health referrals, free vision screenings, and family/parent advisory meetings.
- Our Summer Youth Employment Program offers a unique opportunity to explore your career interests and discover new ones through career exploration, skill-building activities, and connections to professionals and the community. The program incorporates work readiness training that is aligned to a specific job sector so that you can better understand the unique needs of that industry.
Who Can Participate in These Programs?
All of these programs are open to high school students and recent graduates of Queens Technical High School. The College Readiness Program is also open to students and recent graduates of other high schools in Queens, NY.
Where Are Workshops Held?
Workshops and events are held at Queens Technical High School in Long Island City, Queens. Currently, programs are held virtually due to Covid-19 restrictions.
For more information, or to sign up for a workshop or program, call 718-937-3010 ext. 2191, or email YouthFuturesQT@scsny.org
Youth Futures at Queens Technical High School is made possible by 21st Century Community Learning Centers, the New York City Department of Education, the New York City Department of Youth and Community Development, and the Robin Hood Foundation.
Tel:718-937-3010 ext. 2191