Sunnyside UP Pre-K and 3-K Programs
Sunnyside UP FREE Pre-K and 3-K Programs
Sunnyside UP provides education for your child in an environment focused on exploration and discovery. Our curriculum and program use the Department of Education units of study that align with the Common Core standard.
Who is eligible
- Pre-K is free for students age four—born in 2018 for the 2022-23 school year.
- 3-K is free for students age three—born in 2019 for the 2022-23 school year.
What we offer
- Diversity: Our school—and our staff—reflect the diversity of our students and their families. We are multi-lingual and ready to prepare students regardless of their first language.
- Creativity: Sunnyside Up provides learning experiences few other programs can—including the ability for children to participate in movement, music, and art exercises with seniors in our Adult Day Services Program.
- Beyond early education: Pre-K and 3-K students at Sunnyside Up get priority enrollment in free after-school programs at PS 199, 150, or 343, if they attend. And as your child grows, we have programs for after-school, college and career readiness. Sunnyside Community Services provides an entire slate of activities and programs for all ages.
Day-to-day at Sunnyside UP
- In the classroom, we emphasize exploration and discovery as a way of learning.
- At playtime, students go to the local park for play and movement. When the weather does not permit, students engage in dance, stretching, and other movement exercises.
- At mealtime, students eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. Students learn about preparing, serving, and sharing food at mealtime.
Other Care Options
- Early drop-off: 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. - Monthly Rate: $100
- Aftercare: 2:50 to 6:00 p.m. - Monthly Rate: $320
Snacks are provided for before and aftercare students.
Sunnyside UP pre-Kindergarten is funded by the NYS Department of Education and Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan.
39-01 Queens Boulevard
Sunnyside, NY 11104
Tel: 718-784-6173 ext. 535
HOW TO APPLY:
Contact us by e-mail or phone, or fill out our form below. You can also stop by our offices at 39-01 Queens Blvd in Sunnyside, and pick up a paper application. To register online for Sunnyside UP as your first choice, enter code 30QBGO on the online application.