Resources for Home Care Workers
Thank you for your commitment to your work and to the clients you serve. Home Health Aides are essential workers and are exempt from Governor Cuomo’s announcement. We know that these are incredibly difficult times, and we are here to support you.
We will be posting communications, forms, and other information of timely interest for home care workers on this page. Please bookmark this page and check frequently for the latest updates. If you need immediate assistance, please call 718-784-6160.
The main office in Sunnyside is working under reduced hours to help lower the spread of the virus. However, aides may visit the office to pick up personal protective equipment (PPE) such as gloves during the following hours:
- Mondays through Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
As of May 18, Sunnyside Community Services will provide extended hours for PPE pickup: Mondays-Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For Disability, FMLA, PFL, Workers Compensation, Return to Work correspondence, you may:
- Take a picture of your documents with your phone and email to Mnieto@scsny.org
- Scan the documents and email to Mnieto@scsny.org
- Fax your documents to (718) 706-2475
- If you leave a voice message, 718 784-6160 X385, Ms. Nieto, Senior HR Coordinator, will return your call.
- Any compliance needs, please forward to Mroach@scsny.org
- If you leave a voicemail, 718 784-6160 x314, Michelle Roach, Compliance Supervisor, will return your call.
If you have any emergency, please contact Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources at (718) 784-6160 ext. 340
Free Meals (April 3)
The New York City Department of Education is making three free meals available daily for any New Yorker. Any New Yorker who wants one can get three free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs across the city.
- Meals can be picked up at all Meal Hubs 7:30 am to 1:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meals Hubs will operate for children and families from 7:30 am to 11:30 am, and for adults from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- No one will be turned away at any time
- All adults and children can pick up three meals at one time
- Vegetarian and halal options available at all sites
- No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten off-premises
- Parents and guardians may pick up meals for their children
- No registration or ID required
Use the Meal Hub lookup tool to find a location near you: https://www.opt-osfns.org/schoolfoodny/meals/default.aspx
EssentialWorker Form to print, sign, and carry with your ID
Letter on HR/Compliance Requests (March 23)
Letter on timesheet submission (March 16)
Letter to our Home Health Aides on the Corona Virus/Covid 19 (March 9)