Resources for Home Care Workers
Thank you for your commitment to your work and to the clients you serve. We know that these are incredibly difficult times, and we are here to support you.
We will be posting communications, forms, and other information of timely interest for home care workers on this page. Please bookmark this page and check frequently for the latest updates. If you need immediate assistance, please call 718-784-6160.
Get vaccinated against COVID-19:
We are excited to share the news that you are now eligible to receive the COVID vaccine. Please visit this link to identify locations where you can get the vaccine and make an appointment. https://covid19.nychealthandhospitals.org/UnaffiliatedHealthCareWorkers
Before you go to your appointment, you will need to complete the New York State (NYS) COVID-19 vaccine form. You can find this form at www.vaccineform.health.ny.gov. NYS requires the healthcare provider administering the vaccine to check to ensure that you have completed this form online.
Our compliance staff is available to you to help make these appointments. The city has created flexible schedules to ensure you can get the vaccine during the hours when you are not caring for your client. You are required to bring your work identification, paystub, or agency letter to show eligibility to get the vaccine. You can find a copy of the agency letter below. You will need to submit proof of vaccination to our office; you can mail the information to our office to the attention of the Compliance Department or email to Compliance@scsny.org.
Get tested for COVID-19:
Learn how you can get safely tested for COVID-19 and access testing sites here.
For PPE distribution:
PPE pickup is available at the Sunnyside Community Services main office, Mondays-Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
For Disability, FMLA, PFL, Workers Compensation, Return to Work correspondence, you may:
- Take a picture of your documents with your phone and email to Mnieto@scsny.org
- Scan the documents and email to Mnieto@scsny.org
- Fax your documents to (718) 706-2475
- If you leave a voice message, 718 784-6160 X385, Ms. Nieto, Senior HR Coordinator, will return your call.
- Any compliance needs, please forward to Mroach@scsny.org
- If you leave a voicemail, 718 784-6160 x314, Michelle Roach, Compliance Supervisor, will return your call.
- If you have any emergency, please contact Melissa Vitale, Director of Human Resources at (718) 784-6160 ext. 340